Author and CPA Carol Topp claims she can explain federal income tax, self-employment tax and sales tax in clear English. Let's hear her try! She will explain tax deductions and record keeping tips to make your life easier. This course is not as dull as it sounds and loaded with examples!
In this course you will learn:
- Know what tax forms you (or your tax preparer need to file)
- Have the IRS tax forms explained in plain English
- See a sample tax return for an author
- Know what tax deductions are typical for writers
- Tax tips from a CPA and author
- Understand what forms you need to send to subcontractors
- Know when you need to charge sales tax and when you don’t!
- Be alert to IRS red flags that could trigger and audit
This course is for writers who are earning money from their writing or have expenses related to writing and wonder what they can deduct on their tax return. This is professional advice from a CPA and author at a great rate!
Format: Two pre-recorded video sessions including downloadable pdfs of handouts of the PowerPoint slides. Sessions are about 45 minutes each.
Students will also have instant access to the videos (until April 15, 2019) once they register, as well as to a private Facebook group (MWW + Taxes for Writers) or Facebook live session to ask questions of the presenter.
Carol Topp, CPA is an author and Certified Public Accountant. Carol's fourteen books have been both self-published and traditionally published. She advises writers on starting a business and running it successfully. She is the author of Business Tips and Taxes for Writers and contributing author to Writers Market and the Writer's Digest Guide to Indie Publishing. Her website is TaxesForWriters.com.